Sometimes referred to as onserting, this is the automated gluing of items to direct mail pieces, covers, packages, backers, signatures and other carriers. Since the affixed items are usually intended to be detached by the recipient, fugitive glue is standard.
Products and Capabilities
The following is a list of items commonly affixed to various backers:
- Gift, incentive and reward cards
- Static plastic or cardboard credit cards (CR-80)
- Lotion packs and other product samples
- Coins, tokens, magnets and keys
- Magnetic security strips for retail products
- Padded coupon or entry form pads
- Multiple items may be affixed to a single carrier (Pre-approval required)
- Magnet applying
- Faux cards
- Loose enclosures
Affixing specifications are especially critical. Even minor variations may have a dramatic impact on production speeds, quality, delivery dates and pricing. Please see the specifications checklist for required information.
Samples of any item to be affixed should be submitted in advance for approval.